After officiating as Rabbi at the Hudson Valley Resort and Spa on Shabbos Nachamu – for Flakey Jake‘s program I spent a few days with my dear friends Irving and Regina Schild (check here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and many more), at their summer home, on Pennsylvania’s bucolic Lake Wallenpaupack and stayed there until last evening.
Irving’s Barbecued Burgers
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Slightly saute the chopped onion in canola oil, until just transparent.
- Mix all the ingredients well, by hand; avoid over-mixing. With a light touch form 6 patties no more than one inch thick each.
- Brush the grill and coat with oil. Grilled the burgers directly over the the heat for 6 to 7 minutes for medium-done (about 150 F, on an instant read thermometer, and slightly pink in the center). Flip once.
- Serve while hot.
The aroma and the taste were just undescribable with mere words!
Enjoy, gentle reader, enjoy!!