[Delicious and easy to make, recipe and photo sent in by Tobi L, from Silver Springs, MD. CS]
Plum and Blueberry Galette
- 1 1/4 lb red or black plums, pitted and cut into 1/2″ wedges
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Box (11 ounces) piecrust mix
- tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 F. line a large baking a large baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- In a medium sized bowl prepare the filling. Toss together plums, blueberries, granulated sugar and cornstarch. Set aside until needed.
- In a large bowl combine piecrust mix, granulated sugar, ginger and 1/2 cup water. Stir until mixture begins to come together, then roll out to a 13″ circle on a lengthy floured surface. Carefully roll up onto rolling pin and transfer to baking sheet.
- Spoon filling onto crust, leaving a 3″ border all around. Fold edge part way over plum filling. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 375 F. until crust is browned and center is bubbly – a small amount of juices may leak out of crust. Put a thin spatula under galette and carefully transfer to a serving platter, using 2 spatulas to keep it balanced.
- In a small bowl, mix together the confectioners’ sugar and 1 tablespoon water. Drizzle over galette and serve.
Enjoy, gentle reader, enjoy!