[Reader Elisheva R. from Miami, Florida, sent us the following recipe and photo. I always liked cooking with beer and this is truly mouthwatering. It makes a great Shavuot recipe! CS]
Vegetable Cheese Rollups
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1/2 cup shredded mozarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper, stir for about three minutes until tender. Add mushrooms, broccoli, beer, salt and black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or so until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat and let it cool a bit.
- Separate crescent roll dough into 8 pieces. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese on wide end of each piece. Top with 1 tablespoon of the filling that has been cooling. Roll dough over filling, seal point closed and bend roll into crescent shape. Place on un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Serve warm.
Easy and fun to make, delicious to taste, I know, I prepared and ate it last evening.
Enjoy, gentle reader, enjoy!