Hanukkah at Abigael’s on Broadway
Gift Giving Special ~ Buy One, Get One
All gift cards ordered now through December 31st, 2010
will receive a 10 % additional card.
$ 100 gift card gets you a $ 10 gift card
$ 200 gift card gets you a $ 20 gift card
Each day of Hanukkah will feature three latke selections
~Savory or sweet, each one will be a treat!
407 Broadway – at 39th Street, New York, NY; Tel: 212.575.1407
Jeff Nathan’s Rosemary Potato Latkes with Honey Drizzle
Makes about 20 latkes, 5 to 6 servings
- 4 large russet potatoes (2 pounds)
- 1 pound yellow onions (1 pound)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, rough chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil, for fryinghoney, (use varying flavors of honey for added taste, ie: clover, lavender, pine, blueberry)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 200°F. Line a baking sheet with papertowels.
- Using the large holes of a box grater or the grating disk of a food processor, alternately grate thepotatoes and onions into a work bowl (this provides better distribution of the onions). Using your hands,squeeze out as much moisture as you can from the potato mixture. Add the eggs, flour, parsley, garlic,rosemary and mint. Add in the salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Add enough oil to a large, deep skillet to come 1/2-inch up the sides. Do not skimp! Heat over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. In batches without crowding, using about 1/4 cup of the potatomixture for each pancake, carefully add the mixture to the oil, spreading it with a spoon to make 3-inchpancakes. Fry, turning once, until deep golden brown on both sides. Use a slotted spatula to transfer tothe baking sheet. Serve immediately or keep warm in the oven while making the remaining pancakes.Drain off any excess liquid that forms in the bowl as you make subsequent batches.
- Serve hot drizzled with honey.
Enjoy, gentle reader, enjoy. I can’t wait to try it!