I always liked cooking in a wok and anyone who’s been following this blog knows we like lamb. Here’s an easy recipe that adds a fresh and unusual flavor to lamb:
Sautéed Lamb with Eggplant
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 large eggplants thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 large tomatoes, blanched, skinned and thickly sliced
- 1 lemon sliced to garnish
Ingredients for the sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 2/3 cup pareve sour cream (I used Tofutti brand Better than Sour Cream)
- black pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok over high heat until almost smoking. Add the minced lamb and fry until thoroughly browned. Remove from wok and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and fry the eggplant with the garlic for 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned on both sides. Add the tomato slices and stir fry for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a serving dish. Top with the ground lamb and garnish with lemon slices and mint.
- Sauce. Mix together the mint and pareve sour cream, season with black pepper, serve with the lamb and vegetables.
Enjoy, gentle reader, enjoy! I plan to make this for tonight’s dinner.