We adapted this easy to make recipe from The Afternoon Tea Collection published by Metro Books in 2012:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 36 cookies
- 8 oz margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 oz dark chocolate melts, chopped coarsely
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease oven trays. bowl.
- Beat margarine, extract, sugars, and egg in a small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Transfer mixture to large bowl; stir in sifted flour and soda, in two batches. Stir in chocolate.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls, place about 2 inches apart on trays.
- Bake cookies about 15 minutes, cool on trays.
For dairy version you may use butter, milk chocolate or white chocolate.
Enjoy, gentle reader, enjoy!