Since I did not get a chance to post about the superb grilled meat dishes I enjoyed together with some dear friends (Irving Schild and his wife Regina!) on the 4th, on a Pennsylvania lake, I’ll just keep those recipes for after the 9 Days. Let me assure you, however, that they were absolutely mouth watering and are well worth waiting for. Meanwhile, for the rest of the 9 Days we’ll regale you with some of our favorite dairy, vegetarian and fish recipes.
Scrambled Egg with Salmon
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup MimicCreme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus extra for garnishing
- salt and pepper
- 3 1/2 ounces salmon, cut into small pieces,
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine, if you will follow with a meat dish)
- slices of toasted bread
- 4 sprigs of dill, for garnishing
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and whisk together with the MimicCreme and dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the salmon pieces and mix to combine.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet and pour in the egg and salmon mixture. Using a wooden spatula, gently scrape the egg away from the sides of the skillet as it starts to set. Swirl the skillet slightly to allow the uncooked egg to fill the surface.
- When the eggs are almost cooked but still creamy, remove from the heat and spoon onto the prepared toast. Serve immediately garnished with a sprig of dill.
Enjoy, gentle reader, enjoy!