Another 9 Days dish that can easily be made parve:
Potato, Mushrooms and Sour Cream Pie
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine, if you prefer to keep it pareve)
- 1 pound potatoes, thinly sliced and parboiled
- 2 cups sliced mixed mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives, plus extra for garnishing
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup sour cream (for a pareve dish, substitute with this pareve sour cream recipe, or with Tofutti Sour Cream)
- salt and pepper
- Grease a shallow round ovenproof dish with butter. Layer a quarter of the potatoes on the bottom of the dish. Arrange a quarter of the of the mushrooms on top of the potatoes and sprinkle with a quarter of the rosemary, chives and garlic. Continue making layers in the same order, finishing with a layer of potatoes on top. Pour the sour cream over the top of the potatoes. Season to to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 375 F., for about 45 minutes or until the top potatoes are golden brown and piping hot.
- Garnish with snipped chives and serve immediately
Enjoy, gentle reader, enjoy!