[The following recipe comes from Irene Sager‘s Bamitbach blog. We’ve posted recipes from her blog before and liked them all. CS]
Thai Chicken Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
1 lime, halved
l lb skinless boneless chicken breasts, thighs, or tenders, cut into strips, 1/2″ thick.
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 shallot, sliced
3 cloves garlic minced
2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 to 1 tsp chili flakes
1/2 to 1 tsp hot sauce
2 tbsp vegetable oil
16 corn tortillas heated
- Juice one half of a lime. Cut remaining half in wedges and set aside.
- In a bowl combine chicken strips, cilantro, shallot, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, chili flakes, and hot sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium high till cooked, about 1o minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, layer 2 tortillas (we used only one) top with chicken and cabbage slaw.
- Serve remaining cabbage slaw and lime wedges on side.
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts (sliced or slivered almonds will also work well)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- In a bowl toss the cabbage, shredded carrot, green onion, radishes, 1/4 cilantro, and 1/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts.
- Add 1/4 cup rice vinegar and toss.
As expected, Irene posted another great recipe, so… enjoy, gentle reader, enjoy!