[Two Tuesdays ago, I video taped Geila Hocherman making Fried Ice Cream. One of the perks of taping Chefs at work is that I get to taste their creations… Let me tell it was truly delicious, so I feel compelled to share and re-post the recipe from Geila’s Kosher Revolution. Whether it is Chanuka or any any other holiday, whether it is winter, summer, spring or autumn, you can enjoy this treat at any time; even if… you are not kid! CS]
© 2012 Geila Hocherman. All Rights Reserved
Fried ice cream? Believe or not, there is such a thing! This is based on a Mexican treat and once you taste, you’ll just want more and more whether it’s Chanukah or any other time.
- Frosted flakes
- Your Choice of nuts
- Your choice of ice cream flavor (formed into balls)
- 1 egg
- sugar to taste
- oil for frying
- dunking chocolate sauce
- Crush some frosted flakes and any nuts, of your choice, in a bag. Cover the ice cream balls with the crushed flakes and nuts. Refreeze.
- Mix egg with sugar. Dunk in the ice cream balls, cover with the frosted flakes and nuts. Refreeze.
- Heat oil to 375 F. Take the covered ice cream balls from freezer. Put a chopstick in each of them and dunk in oil for 15 seconds.
- When ready, dip each ball into some chocolate sauce and… that’s all there is to them!
Enjoy, gentle reader, enjoy!