As I’ve written before, Cherry Heering has long been a part of my memories and family traditions. Thus, as we stand almost on the threshold of Chanukah, when I saw an ad for Peter Heering‘s products, I thought it would be a great idea to once again, bring Cherry Heering to a family get together.
Always on the lookout for new recipes I may come across, I was pleased that Peter Heering‘s distributors sent me some intriguing ideas.
I especially liked the Coffee Latte; it’s easy to make and absolutely delicious!
1 ½ oz Coffee Heering liquor
Steamed Milk, may use skim
Pour Coffee Heering into a mug add Steamed Milk
Garnish with chocolate shavings
I tried it last eve and it certainly hit the spot. But… I can’t wait to try the “Boozy” Donuts with Creme Brulee Topping:
Donuts are the new cupcakes and a big trend for the season, an easy way to upgrade regular old store bought donuts and take it from an afternoon snack to a fancy dessert
- 6 sugar-covered donuts
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 oz either Coffee or Cherry Heering Liqueur
- Heat the donuts in the oven at 250 degrees for 5 minutes.
- On a plate ad the sugar, brush the top of the warm donuts with water and drip in the sugar.
- Insert and fill the liqueur in multiple spots of the bottom of the donuts with a small turkey baster/or cake decorating tool about 1/2 oz per donut
- With a creme brulee torch, burn the sugar top of the donuts to a hard sugar topping. If you dont have a creme brulee torch, you can simply put in the oven on broil for a few minutes till the sugar caramelizes.
- Serve right away while warm, a good tip is to let the guests watch while you are putting the finishing touches, their mouths will be watering and you will look like a pro in the kitchen!
The younger grand kids will just have to make do with the store bought donuts, that is… if the “Boozy” ones last long enough for their families to arrive…
Enjoy, gentle reader, enjoy!