A recipe need not be elaborate to make a tasty dish, especially in these hot days, there is no need to spend a long time in the kitchen. Here’s One of my favorite ways to prepare a simple but delicious pasta and it’s great for the Nine Days or anytime.
Spaghetti with Oil and Garlic
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh, chopped, parsley
- Salt and pepper
- chilli pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large pan boil some lightly salted water. Add the spaghetti and boil again, cook for 8 – 9 minutes or until tender but still a bit resistant to the bite (al dente).
- In the meantime, while the spaghetti is cooking, heat the oil in a skillet, add the garlic and a pinch of salt cooking over low heat. Stir constantly for 3 – 4 minutes or until golden brown. Do not let the garlic become brown for it will adversely affect the taste. Remove from heat
- Drain the spaghetti and put on a large, warmed, serving dish. Pour in the olive oil, add the
- For a bit more color and an extra kick in taste, sprinkle sparingly with chili pepper flakes.