Last week Tuesday I attended the International Restaurant and Food Service Show held at Manhattan’s Javits Center. There I met my friends Bobby and Valerie Groper from My Brother Bobby’s Salsa. The company started in 1993 and recently moved into its own state-of-the-art processing facility in Poughkeepsie, NY.
My Brother Bobby’s Salsa makes four delicious products:
- Fresh Bruschetta Topping
- Original Red Salsa
- Hot Tomatillo with Corn Salsa
- Tropical Black Bean Salsa
Everything is kosher certified by the OK, under the leadership of Rav Don Yoel Levy. All products use top quality, natural ingredients and no preservartives.
I used the Bruschetta Topping to make a succulent, super easy, Bruschetta Bread:
- 1/2 loaf Italian bread, sliced open
- olive oil
- 2 slices Natural & Kosher Cheddar
- My Brother Bobby’s Salsa Fresh Bruschetta Topping
- Brush olive oil over white surface of the Italian bread. Put in 350 F preheated oven for about 2 minutes.
- Melt cheese slowly in a pan over a small flame.
- Cover surface of bread with melted cheese.
- Top the cheese with bruschetta topping
- Sprinkle any leftover melted cheese over the topping.
It barely took more than 5 minutes and was a real treat. You can use any other flavor of cheese to melt, with shredded cheese you’ll even get better and faster result. Your bread loaf need not even be covered with sesame seeds, I used it because it was what I had handy, same goes for the cheese. Frankly, gentle reader, it was a very filling lunch.
Now I have to try the rest of My Brother Bobby’s Salsa products.