Pastry Chef Ehud Ezra, gave us this delicious recipe for yom tov. SYR and I got to taste it yesterday, thus, we can attest to it being truly scrumptious without being overly sweet. One of the joys of this type of post is being in the company of such gifted chefs and bakers. Udi, as his friends and coworkers lovingly nicknamed him, is a warm hearted chemist and chocolate alchemist. He’s got such a mastery of ingredients and technique mixed with a sensitive spirituality that reflects his soul in everything he bakes. His Rosh HaShana recipe for Honeyed Chocolate Lava Cake certainly demonstrates his unique talents as a master pastry chef.
Honeyed Chocolate Lava Cake
Yields 10 mini 5 ozs. portions made in 4″ muffin molds
- 1/2 lbs. butter/margarine/Earth Balance
- 1 1/2 lbs. semi sweet chocolate
- 2 tspns. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- 7 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- Confectioners sugar
- Melt butter, 1 1/2 minutes in microwave, add chopped chocolate, mix until incorporated but not too hot add vanilla extract and honey.
- In mixer whip eggs until they form high peaks, about 3-4 minutes.
- Fold with chocolate mix.
- Spray pans with canola oil. Scoop in batter until the top of pans (batter rises and then deflates).
- Put in oven at 400 F, for 12 to 15 minutes, until top is crusted.
- Sprinkle tops with confectioners sugar. Serve with 4 scoops of Rich’s whipped cream or vanilla ice cream w/honey on top.
Easy to make and fast to bake, if you make you’ll shine whether with your guests or even with your family.
Enjoy it, gentle reader, we certainly did!
KTIVAH VECHATIMA TOVAH!!!
SHANA TOVAH UMETUKA!!!
A GUT GEBENTSHT YOHR!!!