We received 21 entries. Next time we’ll give you more time, there will be more contests and give aways during the year. We promise.
Here is what the contest winner will receive from N&K:
Some recipes were great, some were very easy to prepare, some however showed very little imagination or creativity. It was not easy to choose a winner… We deliberated, debated and agonized before reaching a final decision especially between #2 and #3 below.
The top three choices are:
Crust: any graham cracker pie crust
2lbs unwhipped cream cheese
1.5 cup sugar
1.5 tablespoon Lemon juice
1 pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350 F
Beat cream cheese & sugar until soft. add rest of ingredients and mix.
Pour on top of crust and bake for 45 minutes.
Remove and let stand for 10 minutes.
2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
spread on top and bake again for 10 minutes
keep in oven with oven off for 2 hours to prevent cracking. refrigerate and serve cold
this can also be made into cheese snacks baked in cup cake holders. For cheese snacks no crust is needed. Also cute idea for mini cakes is to put a sandwich cookies on bottom of pan & then the batter in the cup cake holder
Submitted by: Tikvah V. from Flatbush
Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
3 eggs (2 whites split separately, 1 whole)
6 tablespoons margarine
1 cup sugar (split in 3/4 & 1/4)
3 tablespoons vanilla
½ cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 package cream-cheese (8 oz)
In a small mixing bowl beat marg. & 3/4 c. sugar until crumbly.
Add 1 whole egg & 1 egg white & vanilla. Mix well.
Add flour & cocoa. Beat until blended.
Pour into spritzed 9″ square baking pan.
In a milchig mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 c. sugar until smooth. Beat in 1 egg white.
Spoon-drop this mixture over the brownies to pretty much cover the top.
Cut through the batter with a knife to swirl it together.
Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes or until set & edges pull away from side of pan.
Cool on a wire rack.
I made for my sister’s milchig sukkos party, as well as for shavuos every year. Big hit!
I got it from a magazine years ago, so I’ll post the pictures from their site, as they are pros at taking perfect pictures.
If you use reduced-fat margarine & reduced fat cream cheese, then here is the nutritional info:
1 brownie equals:
7 grams fat (3 g saturated fat)
28 mg cholesterol
108 mg sodium
23 grams carbohydrates
4 grams protein
Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1½ starch, 1 fat
Submitted by: Faigy T. from Crown Heights
Brachie’s Three Layered Cheesecake
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts
6 tablespoons brown sugar
6 tablespoons softened butter
3/4 cup ground filberts
2lbs cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
2 oz baking chochlate
1 bar white milk chochlate
1 1/2 teaspoons coffee
3 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon light corn syrup
1. – Combine crust ingredients in mixer until smooth
2. – Press into 9″ springform pan. bake for 10 minutes in a preheated over to 375 and set aside
3. – Mix cream cheese until smooth adding vanilla sugar,sugar and eggs one at a time
4. – Remove 2 cups cheese batter mix with ground filberts and almond extract. Pour onto crust and level with metal beveled spatula.
5. – freeze for 1 hour
6. – Melt chochalate. Remove another 2 cups cheese mixture and add to melted chochlate. Pour over filbert layer leveling well.
7. – Freeze for 20 minutes
8. – Pour remaining batter onto chochlate mixture
9. – Half fill 9×13 pan w/ water. Wrap bottom of springform pan w/ heavy duty foil and place pan in water
10. – Bake for 2 hours in a preheated to 350 oven
11. – Let cool for another 2 hours w/o opening oven door
12. – Refrigerate for at least 6 hours
13. – Melt topping. over a small flame until dissolved
14. – pour over cake allowing it to drizzile down sides.
15. – can be decorated with chocolate curls or left just as is
This winning recipe was submitted by: Brachie S., from Lakewood