I was invited for dinner to some old friends last eve, the whole repast was memorable but the vegetables were specially delicious. After the meal the hostess gave me her recipe and emailed me a photo…
Maple Glazed Roasted Root Vegetables
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1″ chunks
- 3 turnips, peeled and cut into 1″ chunks
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1″ chunks
- 3 tablespoons unsalted margarine, melted, plus some more for greasing.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease lightly with margarine.
- Spread the carrots, turnips and parsnips on the baking sheet. Drizzle with the melted margarine and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss the vegetables to coat evenly with the melted margarine and spread them out on the baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are lightly browned and just tender, about 40 minutes. Drizzle the maple syrup over the vegetables and mix gently. Continue baking until the maple syrup glazes the vegetables, another 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Enjoy, gentle reader, enjoy!