Just because something’s very easy to prepare, does not detract from the fact that it still can be delicious. If you want to start your kids or grandkids cooking with chocolate, this is a great beginning!
Easy Chocolate Squares
Yields: 16 squares
- 9 1/2 oz dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 4 tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut flavored liqueur
- 6 oz plain cookies
- 1/3 cup toasted rice cereal (non-toasted rice cereal will do well in a pinch)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecan nuts
- 1/2 cup candied cherries, roughly chopped
- 1 oz white chocolate, to decorate
- Place the dark chocolate in a double boiler with the margarine, syrup, and coconut liqueur over gently simmering water until melted, stirring continuously until blended.
- Break the cookies into small pieces and stir into the chocolate mixture, stir in the rice cereal, nuts and cherries.
- Line a 7″ inch square cookie pan with parchment paper. Pour the mixture into the pan and level the top, pressing down well with the back of a spoon. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the top of the cake in a random pattern. Let it set.
- Carefully take out of the pan and discard the parchment paper. Cut up into 16 squares.