Kudos to our dear friend, Rabbi Yaakov Spivak at the Jewish Radio Network, for hosting the past eleven episodes of The Kosher Scene Radio Show. We’re so excited to announce that starting next week, we’ll be moving to a terrific new net station. We’ll be bigger and better than ever with new tech abilities and worldwide coverage. Check The Kosher Scene Radio for updates and details about our new and exciting venue. This week, however, we will be taking a week hiatus from radio while we make the necessary transitions.
Last week’s show featured Moshe Aaron Zimmerman from Liquors Galore (1212 Avenue J; Brooklyn, NY 11230-3702; Telephone: 718.338.4166), if you missed it here is the archived show. In the past, Aaron has shared some basics of wine tasting on this blog’s pages, with a four part series on Enjoying Your Wine (Buying, Tasting, Storing and Grape Varieties). His talk on our show was interesting and very informative.
Here are the links to our past guests’ audio files:
- Pastry Chef Paula Shoyer – Author of The Kosher Baker.
- Sol Kirschenbaum – Owner of Teaneck’s NoBo Restaurant (1400 Palisade Avenue; Teaneck, NJ 07666, Telephone: 201.837.1000), partner at Presidental Tours and Israeli wine expert.
- Elizabeth Bland – Blogger, writer (for various trade magazine) and lecturer on all subjects cheese.
- Gil Marks – author of the Encyclopedia of Jewish Foods and more.
- Nina Shapir – Owner and operator of Natural Village Cafe in Brooklyn.
- Jay Buchsbaum – Executive Vice President of Royal Wine Corporation.
- Chef Lévana Kirschenbaum - Author of three cookbooks (with a fourth one due out this summer), the visionary trailblazer behind the legendary Lévana’s Restaurant and cooking teacher extraordinaire.
- Chef Jack Silberstein – Partner at Jack’s Gourmet.
- Tammy Cohen – Partner at 18 Restaurant .and marketing expert
- Rabbi Yaakov Spivak – Radio and TV personality and blogger at the New York Daily News
We have a great lineup of upcoming guests, enjoy a quiet night off tonight, but be sure to listen our new show. We’ll give you the details at the beginning of next week.