I may be a carnivore to the core, but I’m also a cheese lover. Thus, over the last seven days I’ve been trying some of Natural and Kosher‘s latest selections. These included: Horseradish Cheddar, Olive Cheddar, Part Skim Mozzarella, Goat Kashkaval, Sharp Goat Cheddar, Goat Mozzarella with Red Peppers, Goat Mozzarella with Fine Herbs, Cranberry Pecan Chèvre Goat Cheese, Fine Herbs Chèvre, 2 types of American Slices, Cheddar Cubes, Mexican Blend (Shredded blend of Monterrey Jack, Cheddar and Asadero) and a superb Fitucci Grated Parmesan Cheese. I found them all to be delicious choices. Feeling adventurous I decided to do a white omelette. SYR had been telling me about an omelette without yolks, made with only the egg whites. What’s the point you ask? A drastic reduction in calories and the elimination of almost all the cholesterol with no sacrifice of taste!
SYR‘s Hearty White Omelette
Yield: 2 servings
- olive oil
- 1/2 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1/3 green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 Baby Portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 6 egg whites
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice N&K Horseradish Cheddar
- 1 slice N&K Olive Cheddar
- Fitucci Grated Parmesan
- 1 medium tomato
- Parsley flakes
- Saute onion and peppers in a sprayed or lightly greased coated pan till light brown.
- Add in chopped mushrooms. and saute for another few minutes till onions are golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Toss egg whites into pan on low-medium flame till lightly golden add salt and pepper to taste- flip
- Add in suated onions, pepper ch0pped parsley mushrooms and cheese.
- When cheese melts, fold in half and slide onto plate.
- Garnish with tomato slices and sprinkle the whole with parsley flakes and grated Parmesan cheese.
What did we do with the yolks?!? With Purim coming up in a few days they were used for baking, of course.
Enjoy, gentle reader, enjoy!