I found the following delicious recipe in Poopa Dwek‘s Aromas of Aleppo:
Kusa b’Jibn: Zucchini-Cheese Frittata
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 pounds zucchini or yellow squash chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound Muenster cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 6 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large skillet saute the squash and onion in the vegetable oil for 8 minutes, or until the squash is crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, squash-onion mixture and salt. Stir well
- Pour the contents into a 2-quart baking dish. Dot the top of the mixture with butter. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
Enjoy, gentle reader. Enjoy!
Soups as Comfort Food – Part 3 [Gratinee Lyonnaise (Lyon-style Onion Soup)]
Chese Frittata Recipes