Spicy and delicious!
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pound 7 ounces ground beef
- 7 ounces canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes and cook, stirring occasionally for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, increase the heat to medium and cook stirring frequently and breaking it up with a wooden spoon, for 8 to 10 minutes until evenly browned. Stir in the tomatoes and season to taste with salt. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Uncover the pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, add salt as needed. Transfer the curry to a warmed serving dish; sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Enjoy, gentle reader, enjoy!