From Food & Wine‘s: Quick from Scratch Chicken Cookbook:
Grilled Chicken Breasts with Grapefruit Glaze
Simply prepared yet special, those chicken breasts are grilled and basted with
a bitter, tart, and sweet glaze.
Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Serves 4
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grapefruit zest (from about 1/2 grapefruit)
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice (from 1 grapefruit)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 1/4 pounds in all)
- Light the grill. In a small bowl, combine the garlic. grapefruit zest, grapefruit juice, oil, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Grill the chicken breasts over moderately high heat, brushing frequently with the glaze, for 8 minutes. Turn and cook, brushing with more glaze, until the chicken is just done, 10 to 12 minutes longer. Remove.
- In a small stainless steel saucepan, bring the remaining glaze to a boil. Boil for about 1 minute, remove from the heat, and pour over the grilled chicken.
Since the chicken breasts don’t have a l;ot of sauce, serve a juicy vegetable such as grilled or sauteed summer squash or zucchini alongside.
Grilled Chicken Breasts with Citrus Glaze
Use a combination of citrus juices, such as orange, lemon, or lime instead of all or part of the grapefruit juice.
The crisp acidity, effervescence and moderate alcohol level of a brut Champagne from France or a sparkling wine from California will be perfect with the smoky taste of the chicken and with the high acidity of the grapefruit juice.
Enjoy, gentle reader, enjoy!!!